This is your class blog to share and learn with each other

Thursday, February 26, 2009

A bad start to an even longer holiday


Seattle skyline from the ferry in the Puget Sound



Well, I tried to get on the plane today, but between fresh snow on the roads and a rule I didn't know about, it looks like I'm going to have to enjoy myself even longer here. Ahhh ;-)

Apparently, I should have taken my Swiss ID with me even though I was told not to, so they aren't letting me out of the country. After the first shock, I decided to go with the flow and join the happy spirit my mother was engaging in.

So you will have a rather jet-lagged lesson on Tuesday. I'll give you the whole story then, but until then, why don't you get back into the swing of things and leave your story of what might have happened to me and how I intend to get back here on the blog.

In the meanwhile, here are a few more pictures for you to enjoy.
This is the view taken from our balcony. This is the house mountain of Seattle - Mount Rainier.

2 comments:

s a n c h o said...

Innocent Swiss-American accused of smuggle

A long-term investigation of the US Trade Police revealed a severe increase of criminal tourism to smuggle black money out of the US by Swiss-American travelers on behalf of Swiss Bank Institutes.
As a police speaker announced today, a special force of the trade police was able to make out more than hundred people at various airports all over the west-coast within the last few days. A not closer communicated amount of them were set in remand. Among these detainees the Swiss-American I.A.* , English teacher in Lucerne Switzerland on a visit to her relatives in the US, has been arrested for three days whilst being completely innocent. According the police statement I.A was not able to confirm her Swiss Status because of a lack of her Swiss identity card, although she was told before her travel not to need the card at all.
The police is deeply concerned and apologized for the miss-understanding. The police speaker emphasized that it is not to be assumed as there were more similar cases.
Whilst I.A. Is happy to be laid off American lawyer are ready to accuse the state police for their failures.

*the proper name is known to the editorial department

Illya Arnet said...

That's a pretty good story for the tabloids. You can always find a good story in the tabloids, even though few are believable - but see MIB!

I'd love to read a few more versions if anyone else has their creative brain cells going :-)