This is your class blog to share and learn with each other

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

New links

I've added a couple of links this time. One I think you will really appreciate - the phrasal verb dictionary!!!

There is also a site to practice writing formal letters on. I'm sure you will learn a lot of relevant vocabulary and it also is good practice for the English in Use part of the exam.

Finally, under homework I suggest a place to collect language, especially for writing. I actually have opened such a place and would like you to have a look at it - the CAE wiki.
Could you imagine using it? Would you also add to it so others could profit from what you already have? Let me know what you think.

Thanks for the great book reviews! You can always send them to me to correct first, and I can post them to the blog for you, but you can also try doing it yourself. I'll gladly help you if you need it.

But now...
Harry Potter is about to come out in German. The bookstores are no longer allowed to stay open until midnight. What do you think about this restriction? Would you go to a bookstore at midnight just to get the newest Harry Potter? Or any other book, for that matter?

by the way, my son keeps askingme who died. He's convinced it's Hermione. I'm not telling ;-)

No comments: