This is your class blog to share and learn with each other

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Your favorite website for learning English

I keep adding sites for you to use to practice your English. So now, what do you think of them? Are there any really practical ones you've found? You can leave a comment with the link, or, even better, write a post and tell us why you tink it is so useful.

Or maybe you think there is something missing. Do you recommend a completely new one? Is there a topic you want to see right away? Let us know.

oh, and of course, we're always interested in books you've read and films you've seen.
I really liked the newest (and last :-( ) Harry Potter. It was an easy read and I finished it in the holiday. I won't give it away, but I can tell you this much: it was a very appropriate ending. Would those of you who have read it agree?

3 comments:

Gisela said...

I'm reading BLUE SHOES AND HAPPINESS, from Alexander McCall Smith, the author of THE NO.1 LADIES' DEDECTVE AGENCY. It is the entertaining story about Mme. Ramotswe, the intelligent, sophisticated, delightful Lady Dedective in Botswana. The context of the sixth book of a series you understand very well, without reading the previous. A story which make me smile again and again.

Anonymous said...

My favourite webside for learning English is BBC learning and my favourite time is 5.30 in the morning. It sounds strange to you?
Gisela gave me this useful tip (learning at this time) a few weeks ago. With a cup of coffee and the "Common idiomaic prhases with the Teacher" on BBC Learning / Watch and Listen / Video English, the day starts in an uncommon but interesting way. After half an hour studying Grammar, Readings.. you get really the impression to have improved your English skills.
Agi

Illya said...

I'm glad to say that I was given a couple of books for our small library, and there are even a couple of A.M. Smith books in it!!!
Gisela, I share your opinion of this author. You wouldn't know it's a man the way he lets Mme. Ramotswe speak.