This is your class blog to share and learn with each other

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

More news about the records mentioned

Here is the news report from the BBC about the Indian hot-air balloon record. IS there anything new that you could find out? You can also read about what the Canadian news (don't ask) has to say about it .
And do you want some more news about Ellen MacArthur? Well, here it is on the BBC. And check out this article - she's on the top 100 list of people who have influenced the world- in an article by Steve Fossette. By the way, did you know that you can help look for him? Google Earth has updated the pictures of Nevade dessert and there have been numerous wrecks discovered, but not his. The officials are saying the area is a graveyard. Hmm. Now what do you think about that?

So, slight change of topic - what advice would you give for success? Quite general, I know, but maybe we can become successful together with all the good advice you leave here!?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi everybody
First of all, you have to believe that you can realize your ambition. Keep in mind your way and don't be afraid of obstacles. Be proud of your achievements and don't tense up with the problems, so you'll rise above them. This advice has helped me a lot during my biking holidays...
Brigitta

Anonymous said...

hello class blog visitor

yes Brigitta, I really agree with you.
for me, thinking positive is the first step to realize my goals and dreams. Every time I want to achieve something new, I need lots of power to decide if I should do it or not.
I`ve learned that it is essential to try without almost every doubt. I think that courageous people are successful. They try something and restart it again and again?!

additionally, Illya - it doesn`t seems to be that my computer accept your blog (fortunately, my boyfriends computer does)
...and your blog is a funny alternation....
Judith

Illya said...

I think both of you are right. I was amazed when I watched my son learn to ride a bicycle. I didn't have a lot of patience to hold the bike for him, so he helped himself. He didn't let his many falls stop him, and even found a way to stop the bicycle by falling! He just didn't give up, and soon he was riding as if he had been born on a bike!

Judith- I'm glad there is a computer out there that lets you on the blog :-)
Illya

Anonymous said...

Hi everybody
I will think of your advices during the following weekend. My boyfriend is moving from his flat into mine. I am going to give up my single appartment !!! No, of course I'm looking forward to live with him together at my home but after my last bad experience I really had to be courageous and struggled against my fear. But as you wrote it, thinking positive is everything :-)

See you soon
Fränzi

Anonymous said...

Hello everybody,
so many positiv thinking people!!!But I think too, that's the right way to be successful.
From time to time it motivates too, when you do something you are already successful. If it is only cooking a fine meal...
At school I try to wake up the sleeping talents of my pupils. Maybe you have a sleeping talent too?
And in the evening, when I lay in bed, I rembember the things which were well during the day. So my mind is clear and I fall asleep and drift to dreamland...
I wish you all a wonderful weekend
...Gisela

Anonymous said...

Hi everybody..

Success means to fight doubts. Do things even when fears are around.. Finding success means giving up things and jump into cold water.. Being courageus.. And allways hoping and believing to be able to realize it..

Norberta

Illya said...

Norberta, I think this is really a very good recipe to success!