This is your class blog to share and learn with each other

Monday, September 10, 2007

My secret ambition

Since I've read so many wonderful and personal texts about you all, I thought it might interest you to know what my personal ambition is. This way is easier than writing to each of you individually.

I have discovered a love of buildings and am fascinated by the styles and especially how the exact position of cathedrals used to be determined. It came about through my travel to different places, looking at magnificent castles, cathedrals, house fronts and doorways.
I also find many new (and older) building lacking the finesse of the real old structures. A certain functionality of rooms, utensils and other are also interesting, and, in my opinion, this is also an overlooked area. The design should be appealling to the eye as well as functional.

My secret passion is to go to university and study architecture, simply for the love of it. I really don't see this as a new way of earning my living, but just for pleasure.

Well, that is my secret ambition, but I don't see it as a real possibility at present. Maybe many years down the road.

No comments: