This is your class blog to share and learn with each other

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Alarm clock


Every morning at a quarter to six, it was the same awkward and desperate situation. The special shrill sound of the alarm was so annoying that I could throw the clock to the wall.
A few months ago, I saw a program on television. The presenter showed a new alarm clock.
He promised you would wake up gently and pleasantly.
Not surprisingly, my attention was attracted and I was really interested how it works.
The technology used in this product was developed in cooperation with leading sleep
scientists. By measuring the body movements, the alarm calculates your optimum wake-up time within a time spam of 30 min before your requested wake-up time.
The body movements are registered by a wristband and transmitted to the clock, which is called aXbo. On top of that, aXbo will not only ensure optimum wake-up, but also helps you fall asleep while listening to relaxing sounds from the nature such as the sounds of the birds. That will fade out automatically once you have fallen asleep.
Once we ate dinner, I told my family about the aXbo. Do you guess what my kids gave me for my birthday? I’m still happy with my new alarm clock and in almost every morning I feel in a good temper.

3 comments:

Judith said...

I heard about that alarm clock...sounds interesting and maybe I should tell about it to ...but it takes a long time until my birthday (september):-(...

Illya said...

Sounds like a wonderful gift! By the way, my birthday is in October ;-)

Luzia Stalder said...

Hi Agi

Nice to meet you on this way... How are you? You are still learning english? I have to do the advanced for school, because I am nomminated to teach english in Entlebuch. It`s difficult to learn english if you work 80%... you know it`s my second year and I have to prepare a lot for school. Anyway, I hope the best and will try to do my best!
see you later, alligater :-)

Luzia Stalder