This is your class blog to share and learn with each other

Friday, March 14, 2008

A real story about strange sounds

As I am not a very gifted author of poems I decided to tell you about a funny day in my life. I hope a lot of other storys will follow...

It is now exactly three years ago since I moved from Baar to Emmenbrücke. I remembered my first night sleeping there as if it was yesterday. After a short night I woke up at 9 a.m. hearing the unmistakable sound of a brass band. "Where the hell am I?" I tried to remember. A short look from the balcony (still in the pyjamas)showed me a crowd of people following the brass band to the church where they were celebrating the "White Sunday" and the children in their white dresses got their first Holy Communion.
In the afternoon another piercing, incessant noise interrupted the relaxing silence. It was a constant, strange noise that reminded me of bees or hornets. I avoided to enter the bureau for the rest of the day. By laughing out loud the house owner explained me the next day what had caused this unbearable din. It had just been the wind that had blown threw a small gap in the window...

Besides, if you are fond of brass bands, it would be a good opportunity to visit the church in Emmenbrücke in two weeks when it is "White Sunday" again :-)

1 comment:

Illya said...

Funny, I've never heard the brass bands before. Maybe I'm too far away (and live next to a Protestant church).
I really had to laugh when I read that you thought there was a hornet's nest in the other room! :-D