This is your class blog to share and learn with each other

Sunday, March 16, 2008

What`s that ....?

One of the scariest, but also funniest stories in my life toke place in summer 2004. My best friend and I went to a trip around Denmark by train. It was a hot summer and the weather was just beautiful all the time. Therefore, we always slept in our tent mostly near the sea. One evening, we enjoyed the amazing atmosphere at the ocean with all the stars over our heads. After a nice barbecue at the ocean, we went to bed really late. Around one o`clock, we slipped in our sleeping bags and were ready to sleep. Listening to music, I tried to fall asleep and after a few minutes, my friend was lain in a deep sleep as I could hear her snoring :-) I don`t know why, but I just couldn't sleep.
Two hours later, just falling asleep, I heard an extremely strange noise somewhere outside. As I could locate that noise, I recognised that it must be in the awning. Someone or something rustled inside the tent. After breathing, I took all my courage and opened the zipper for an extremely short moment. I felt certain having seen a brown fur. Being scared and in panic, I woke up my friend. We discussed for awhile and finally I toke my pet-battle and tried to hit this unknown object. No reaction. It didn`t vanish!!!

Then, I thought it were more effective when I went outside and fought directly. For that reason, I toke all my courage I had for the second time and I opened the zipper again....From one second to another, I saw my nightmare: a little, young hedgehog and my friend and me, we both were just laughing. I had a long time not been so frightened than in that moment.

2 comments:

Gisela said...

Sometimes, when it is warm enough, i sleep in the garden. And it sounds really strange when this little prickly animals are on "food-tour". First you hear them rustle and breath, then a short break... and I think hedgehogs never heard about Knigge. They make such a noise when they eat!

Illya said...

:-D this story really had me laughing!