This is your class blog to share and learn with each other

Monday, September 1, 2008

Something about me


One of my favorite places is Sardinia (hence the picture of Sardines!)
I love this island and one of the reasons why is that it is an island. The inhabitants are much more within their own culture. Sure they're Italian, but they are different and much less willing to make compromises then they would probably have to be on the mainland.

One of the funniest books I've ever read is 'The Finer Points of Sausage Dogs' By Alexander McCall Smith. I don't think I've ever made such a fool of myself in the bus than when trying to hold in a laugh while reading. It's about oneupmanship and is simply hilarious. A German professor, Dr Moritz-Maria von Iglefeld, accepts the chance to give a talk in the United States, but has unfortunately been confused with the late professor Dr. Iglefold. This starts off a series of events that make his life difficult. It is a simple book to read, but thuroughly enjoyable.

I'm sure you'll find out more about me during the course, and of course I'd also love to find out more about you. So leave a comment and tell us about yourself :-)