This is your class blog to share and learn with each other

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

achievements in 2007

Well, thinking of the last year, I must admit, it wasn't really my best year ever. The relationship to Totor fell apart, no new challenges in the job and generally lot of "NO's" throughout all possible levels of life. Without having feelings of regret or bitterness, I can say that my last year was disorientating and provoked more than one question.

Fortunately, I had some great pleasures too. For the first time in my life I walked up to a mountain higher than 3000m above sea level. It was during my autumn holidays in Sent, where I spent several days in brightest sunlight. What a marvellous place to be! I can really recommend the hostel I booked: the swissroof (www.swissroof.ch). There is such a familiar atmosphere and if you like to live together with other people and share your life, then you'd like this cosy place.

But I wanted to tell you about the Piz Lischana. Sitting on the balcony of the hostel this peak layed across the valley in a majestically way. A great barrier - but an outstanding challenge as well. So, my friends Brigitte, Fabian and I took the bus to a tiny but beautiful village where our journey began. It was freezing cold and shadowy. Frost had changed the landscape with its white coat into a magical surrounding. Lifting my head I could see the powerful mountains in the most beautiful sunlight above us. So we gently walked up towards these peaks more than 1400m of difference in altitude. Arriving on top of the Lischana, we had to climb the last 50m - it was just splendid and liberating. I could have cried!

As a souvenir I took some stones with me, which have special colours: a greenish grey with violet patches. Every now and then, when I am feeling sad or discouraged I take it and it gives me back this feeling of strength and positiveness!

2 comments:

Illya said...

Do you have any pictures of Sent (I'll certainly check the link!) or Piz Lischana? I, for one, would love to see where you were.

I hope that 2008 got off to a better start, and that the disorientation is leading to new challenges!

Jonas said...

oh yeah! Backpacker Hotel Swissroof is my favorite Hostel! ...and Piz Lischana one of my favorite peaks in that region. You should also check out the Swiss National Park which is nearby and offers some beautiful hikes and wildlife!
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at the swissroof where I used to work.