This is your class blog to share and learn with each other

Monday, January 7, 2008

Reflecting on the past and moving forwards

I found a great idea on another blog. It asked readers to leave a statement about what they had achieved or learned in 2007. Now I'm asking you to do the same. What one thing stands out from 2007 that you learned or achieved? IF it's more than just one, that's okay too.

What do you hope to achieve in 2008? That's the step forwards.

I'll start here:

I think what stands out most is what I've learned through internet technology. I have made good friends from all over the world who help me in my endevours to become a better teacher using technology, and this blog is certainly one of the fruits of this learning.

In 2008 there are many things I'd like to achieve, but one stands out particularly.
I believe I introduced the Matopo primary school blog before. The person who runs the project is a very wonderful person and I admire her greatly for the work she has done keeping up this project.
Now I would like to help by encouraging teachers, pupils, classes, even schools, to begin collecting materials for these children.

I see that there can be profit both ways. Classes already learning English can actually use it for a concrete and real life task, regardless of their level.
They can leave a comment on the blog introducing themselves and documenting how they are going about collecting materials.
Pupils can learn about Zimbabwe as well as poverty.
And the children at the school will, of course, also benefit.
However, the materials should be at least near new since postage is so expensive, and money for postage can also be collected.


If you are interested in joining in, let me know or leave a message at the Matopo blog.

I'm looking forward to reading your accomplishments from 2007 and aims for 2008!

No comments: