This is your class blog to share and learn with each other

Monday, January 21, 2008


My 2007

My 2007 started in a difficult way. As the result of having been five month on an other continent, I found it difficult to acclimatize in Switzerland.
I still missed my life abroad without any bond. It was summer until I could say that I feel at home.
In summertime, I went to England by train. It required 10 hours from Lucerne to London, but it was a new experience! We visited the World Scout Jamboree in Chelmsford and it was an emotional and interesting time
for me because I could have contact with people from all over the world. In addition, it gave me a punch of motivation to continue learning English.
In the last days of this year, I made my biggest achievement. After 13 years of snowboarding (without one day of skiing), I toke some skis up to the mountain and came down without any broken leg. It was more then fun!
For 2008, I hope that I can pilot my life in the right direction. Maybe, there`ll be some decisions which have to be taken.…but step by step
...

1 comment:

Illya said...

I love the picture you posted! My only real confrontation with skis is with cross country, and I'm pretty bad at hills, so I think this is quite an accomplishment!

You describe coming back to Switzerland as a difficult time. I had the same experience when I went back to the US after a year here as an exchange student. It seems that coming back is more difficult, maybe because everything continues while you are gone and when you come back, you expect life to continue where you left off.