This is your class blog to share and learn with each other

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Book review: The Notebook

As the holiday began I promised myself to read an english book. In the past I have startet many books to read but unfortunately I 've rarely ended them, because I hadn't got the patience.

A friend of mine advised me to read "The Notebook", written by Nicholas Sparks. So I began to read this book. I was really surprised by me, because in two days I' ve finished it.
I'd like to give you a review of this book. If you like to read a romantic love story I recommend you to read this book.

summary:
Noah has recently returned from the Second World War. He is haunted by images of the beautiful girl he met fourteen years earlier.
One day Allie returns unexpectedly to his town, to see him again before she gets married with Lon. Lon is a nice man who loves Allie, but Allie never had the same deep feelings for Lon, like she had for Noah in this summer, fourteen years ago.
As Allie and Noah see each other, the feelings start growing again. Allie is forced to make a decision. Could she really disappoint Lon? Should she stay with Noah for who she feels deep emotion and love?
Allie decides to stay with Noah. They spend a wonderful life together.

I don't want to tell you the end. I know, it seems like the story is finished by spending a wonderful life together. But if you read this book you 'll see there is a turning point, which makes this book so joyful and tragic at the same time.

1 comment:

Illya Arnet said...

Hi Michelle
I've never read Nicholas Sparks, though I know his name. Did you read the book so quickly because it was very easy to read, or was it just so good that you couldn't put it down?

I hope that if anyone else reads or has read it, they will comment here as well and say what they thought of it too.