This is your class blog to share and learn with each other

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Greetings from Croatia

Hi everyone
After a great time in Croatia and then a very busy working weekend, I've finally had time to come and see what's on the blog.
WOW!
I am so impressed by the posts on here and it's really thrilling to see the pictures and read about the holidays, books and other messages you've left here.

So now it's my turn.
The 2 weeks in Croatia were lovely with only rainy day. We went swimming amost every day, but it was rather chilly both in the water and in the air. The beaches are rocky or are pebbly beaches, but we did manage to find one sandy beach, as you can see :-D

Although I love Sardinia, the one thing I miss there is abound in Croatia - culture. It's everywhere! The towns and cities are just full of history and the cities went through different rulerships. Of course, Venetian towners are everywhere.

The city of Dubrovnik was a highlight. By now I've seen quite a few cities in Europe, but never anything like this. It is so old and built differently than any other city I've ever seen. It's as old as Rome too. The scars of war are still visible, however, as they are in the countryside.

On the way to the lovely national parks they have we drove by several fields which are still infested by mines from the Yugoslavian war.

The Croatian people are very friendly and you are treated as a guest there, and the seafood is delicious. I also brought home honey with nuts in it - a delightful speciality of the area, along with olive oil and good wine.

No comments: