This is your class blog to share and learn with each other

Monday, October 27, 2008

The missing week

Hi everyone,
I haven't forgotten you, and so I'm giving you a few things to do here.
First, I promised you comma rules. Well, I googled and found an excellent site with rules. Be aware that they are US, so the names may be slightly different, and the rules themselves may be slightly different, but are relativized where ever this is the case. Rules for comma usage is also now under the links. There are exercises as well.
And here's one more place if you prefer: OWL (On-line Writing Lab) Using Commas

So here are a few things for you to do on your Tuesday away from the classroom:
You can continue on through unit 3 of both the Workbook and the Student's Book. There is also a revision at the end of unit 3 in the Workbook.

In the SB pg 41 there is an experiment. Try it out and write about your results here. Also comment on what others have said. Use the language of age while doing this.

Tomorrow evening, get in touch with someone and call them - or have a drink together!!! - and speak only English. You could once again choose one section from the speaking phrases and try to use them while doing it.
Or you could chat with each other on Skype, MSN, Yahoo, or whatever platform you use.

And there is still a task on the last post I wrote that no one has yet completed- review one of the links on the side bar.

If you don't feel like talking to anyone, then grab a good book and read it, or go to the movies - this could also be with others from the course! Then you can talk about it or leave a review about it here.

So many things to do :-)

Finally, as you can see, I've given you quite a few possibilities to practice your writing. Please do so. I'm a bit behind in correcting since I took the pleasure of enjoying myself an entire weekend long, but I'm trying to catch up quickly, and it's always good to write.

As my Uncle Fred used to say, "You can't swallow the slab of ham before you chew it."

As for my speech, I'm not that far yet. It looks like I'll be working on that on the train. In any case, I'll let you know how it went, so keep an eye on the blog :-)

No comments: