This is your class blog to share and learn with each other

Thursday, October 2, 2008

How are you???

Hello everyone!

How are you doing? And what are you doing?
I'm wondering how your holidays are.

For me everything is just too much!!! I don't know where to take the time for all things I want to do... and tomorrow I'm going to Greek!!!

I'm looking forward to it. I' ve never been there before and I've never done holidays like I do now.

I made the choice to take only english books with me. I'll see how it works.

Otherwise I haven't done any english homework yet... It's not right! I' m sorry for telling you such a lie!!! I'm writing something for you :-) just now!!!!

I love English... especially talking :-) My writing is very bad. Illya encouraged me just to write, it doesn't matter how many mistakes I do. Just the writing is important. That's why I 'm writing... even I would prefere to write adequate!!! So maybe someone of you 'd like to help me in improving my English. Please let me know about my mistakes I've done... I 'm open and motivated to learn. So don't be shy and write to me:

marinakaufmann@gmx.ch

Thanks for your answer!!!

Actually I 've got two questions already: What's the diffrence between "if" and "when"?
and what's the difference between "as" and "like"

For sure one of you can explane it to me. So thank you for doing it. Otherwise I will bother you in the classroom :-)

See you soon again!!!
Love
Marina

1 comment:

Illya Arnet said...

Hi Marina
I hope your holidays in Greece were excellent! I wasn't far, just up the coast in Dubrovnik, Croatia.

I'm so glad you took the plunge and just started writing. It's actually better when you aren't worrying about it!

I have a quick answer to your questions since it seems the other readers are stumped.

"if" is used to express a conditional- a possibilitity. If it rains today, I'll need to bring in the laundry.
"when" is time based. When my laundry is dry, I'll need to take it in so it doesn't get wet again.

"as" and "like" can have the same meaning, but usually don't. Like/as I said, English gives you many choices. In this meaning (reference to what I said) "as" is generally considered the more formal of the two.

I hope these explanations help, otherwise bother me in the classroom ;-)