This is your class blog to share and learn with each other

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

listening and reading

During the last two weeks I realised that I spend no time improving my English beside class and homework. I haven’t got hours of freetime so I need a short activity. For all of you in a similar situation I can recommend http://www.scientificamerican.com/podcast/. I found this site on the link “Daily English Activities” on our blog.
On this website you will find almost daily a new 60 second scientific report. Parallel to reading the short text you can hear the spoken version. It attracts me because it’s a short but intensive activity for two skills. Because of the fact that it takes you really only one minute, it makes sense to repeat it, also because it may be too fast to understand it in the first run.
If you are interested in scientific research it is probably one of the most interesting ways to polish your English.

No comments: