This is your class blog to share and learn with each other

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Teacher Award 2

The Winner of my teachers award is……… BEFF
by Pia Lötscher

Years ago I attended a course. A whole year long I gave a lift to one of the
other participants, called Beff. As a reward for that he wanted me to take up
tennis. He offered me to be my teacher.

I wasn’t very responsive about his idea. On the one hand, he was a very
good, highly ranked tennis player, on the other hand, I wasn’t highly skilled in ball sports.

But he insisted and in fact we had one tennis lesson weekly. He was able to
develop my capacity with his way of teaching. He chose several helpful and
funny exercises, he never commented a bad ball, he always gave me the
impression that he liked the game with me, he encouraged me to try some new technical details, he heightened the level of the game subtly. Thanks to his persistence and the regular trainings I reached a certain level.

Today, twenty-five years later, I’m playing tennis every now and then with great fun. Firstly, I learnt for my life that a patient, caring, attentive teacher can help you on and secondly that is a very true saying: “no sweet without sweat”.

For all these lasting effects I would like to give the Teachers Award to my
tennis coach Beff.

No comments: