This is your class blog to share and learn with each other

Monday, September 21, 2009

Teacher Award 3

Best Teacher award

I had a really good teacher at the secondary school. He was very good in explaining and he had a good relationship to us. But although he was my best teacher at school there was another best teacher. My best teacher was and is still life itself.

As a child and also until one year ago I thought, that I’m punished from live in a certain way. I always
lost my best friends from the age of ten till today. It started when a new class opened at a school
near my house. A girl and I, we had to change the school because of our schoolway. So I had
to say goodbye to my best friend. Later, every best friend moved. The one from the 5th class moved
to a private school, the other from the secondary school moved to Biel to the sport school My best
friend from the teacher trainig school moved to Chile, the next one became flight attendant and
changed her life completely. So I found a new friend in my neighborhood-she moved also to the
far end of Switzerland. And last March, my husband`s and my best friends moved to Vienna. So I’ve had never a constance in my friendship. First I was so deprived, when I saw friendships which went back
to childhood.

But now I see what live had taught me. It taught me to never give up. That when a door closes, a new
door opens. To stay flexible and open-minded. And it also taught me to always look on the bright
side of life…..our next autumn half-term we’ll spend in Vienna J

Well I could tell you more examples. I mean, think about the hotplate and the child. The parents can
tell it’s hot, but only live can teach what hot really means.

Live is also so patient. It teaches you the same thing again and again, till you really understood. For
example my little son. He had to be stung by bees several times until he believed that it’s not
clevert to catch a bee by bare hands.

So I think, that live“ should gets the award as « best teacher », no other teacher can teach so well,so

patient, so generous and even so simple. It’s only up to you. You have to stay open for its lessons.

Arlette

1 comment:

andi said...

You're absolutely right. Life taught me recently to spend as much time as you can with loved people. Suddenly it's too late.