This is your class blog to share and learn with each other

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Welcome class of 09/10!

I'd like to give my new CAE participants a warm welcome.

As you can see, this blog is not new, but has been used by other classes as well. I've left their contributions up and invited them to join in so that both you and they may profit and learn from each other. We can also decide together whether to put homework or other information (not too personal) on here.

First, a quick tour of the blog. This is where hopefully all of us will contribute in some way. You can add photos from your holiday or language stay; recommend books, plays, films, etc.; complete tasks I set here (or in class); or just simply stop by and say hi! Not everything you write needs to be corrected, but if you want me to correct before you post it, that's okay too.

You should also make use of the comments function and respond to what others have written. This is a very important part of motivation for writing and I strongly encourage it.

When you write a post, you can add labels, which describe what the post is about. You see the box directly under the post you are writing and you can see the labels afterwards under the post. Note my labels for this one.
_______
On the right you will see a column. This begins with a bit of fun and includes a dictionary to help you with your writing and an educational quote of the day. You can also join as a follower. If you want to make your own blog or already have one, we can also include a link for the others to follow it.

Further down you also have the descriptions of the three different exams you can choose from to get C1 certification.

Then you have a long list of links which are useful for you as a learner of English. I will be portraying a couple of the ones I think are especially useful and I hope you will try them out and also leave a critic of the ones you especially like or dislike.

Finally, there is the archive. You can go back in the past to see what others have done, or use it to find a post related to a specific topic.

If there is anything else you'd like me to add to it, then let me know and I'll gladly do my best to make it happen.

No comments: